Oscar's 7 Month Update

Tuesday 7 January 2014


Ok, so now it's kiiiiinda been scaled back to a monthly update, it just makes more sense as I was repeating myself on the weekly ones a little bit.

Oscar, you have now officially turned 7 months old, I really can't believe it's been over half a year since you arrived in this world. You are becoming more of a little person every single day, I think you're definitely trying to talk to us now, I often film you to send a video to Grandma & GD and if I say "say hello!" or "say bye bye" you will give me a massive grin and sometimes make a sound that vaguely resembles the words I just said.

You got some lovely presents on your first Christmas, particularly your car walker that you look so adorable in and have now mastered how to turn the key and accelerator yet still look surprised when you hear it make a noise.

You've moved on to Stage 2 weaning foods now and you are not a massive fan of the lumpy texture. you usually pull a face and don't seem to have grasped the concept of chewing yet and as you doesn't have any teeth either you tend to just swallow the spoonful whole. We tried you on some 'Puffits' which are age appropriate but you just swallowed it whole and were not a happy boy. I'm sure you'll get there!

You're on your way to sitting up unaided, if you have some support behind you then he can lean forward and play with your toys but you do have a tendency to topple sideways if we put you on the bed with no cushions behind you.

You are improving every day with your motor skills and can now not only pick up your toys without any trouble but you can pass them from hand to hand. You're showing more interest in a wider variety of toys but without fail always want mummy's phone! Perhaps it's the penguin case I have on the back?
You absolutely love blowing raspberries now and sit there for about 10/15 minutes sometimes content with yourself, you've also taken to stuffing your bib into your mouth and chewing on it, if I try and take it out, you just push it back in!

Sleep wise, You are still going down at about 9pm and waking up 12 hours later at 9am. We are looking at a slight adjustment on your feeding and sleeping - we want to drop your evening meal that you have just before bedtime and give you only a bottle but incorporate snacks into your daily routine so you're not losing out on any food or nutrients. We're thinking of gradually bringing you back to waking at about 8am and in bed for 8pm as sometimes, I feel you're already a little tired by the time we get to your evening meal.
We've also just lowered your cot to the 2nd level, I was worried you might learn to pull yourself up one night and so you're now safe and lowered.

I can't believe you'll be one in less than 1/2 a year, you're so perfect as you are yet I look forward to watching you grow and change.

Love you lots little bean,

Mummy xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate any comments that are left for me :-) xx

Design by | SweetElectric